Friday, March 20, 2015

Breaking wave

Breaking wave catches the light
Oils, unframed size 16" x 20"
Framed size 23" x 27"

Here's a change from all those lovely wintry paintings I've been doing lately - I've also been busy painting lovely seascapes so I'll show you a few of those this week. I really love this one, that marvellous green glow as the sun illuminates the breaking wave. This is a studio painting but I have stood on these rocks at Mousehole and painted the waves coming over the rocks from life, so I hope I have captured some of that feeling of urgency and movement here. As always, distilling the information received down to it's essential components, is what counts.

This one is being framed up for the Scarlet Hotel in Cornwall, and will be for sale there at £1100. If you'd like to rush in and grab it before it even makes it to the gallery wall or the Harbour Gallery's website please contact Mark here :-)

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful light, Haidee-Jo - painting the sea is so tricky - this one is great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Haidee-Jo, I gasped when I saw this, it's beautiful!
    Love Joy x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your words!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...