Friday, October 3, 2014

Last night in Venice








Today is our last day in Venice already! I need to get back to the UK in time for my exhibition opening at Patchings art centre at 11.00 am on Saturday 4th, hope you can join me there for a drink and a mooch around my latest work. I have 51 paintings in the exhibition and the Patchings team have been busy hanging all of those for me while I've been here painting so I can't wait to see it.
As you can see I've had some lovely company on this trip with other artists from the UK and US gathered together. In this photo you can see Kelly Medford, Felicity House, then me, Penny German, Louisa Calder, Wyllis Heaton and Ann Kelly. The extra chair at the table was for our dear Mo Teeuw, who was unable to join us after breaking her ankle last month.
This little 10" x 8" painting was a quick one of the Ospedale at the end of the day as the sun was going down and the shadows were racing up the front of the building.
The drawing is definitely a bit off, but time was of the essence and I had to concentrate on capturing the mood of the daylight turning to evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your words!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...